Charles French was leasing the house at Caher, barony of Frenchpark, valued at £16, from Lord de Freyne's estate, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Lewis also records the house as the residence of C. French in 1837. In the same year the Ordnance Survey Name books record Caher as a "dwelling house of three stories and slated". In the 1749 Census of Elphin F. Elwood was recorded as residing at Caher. By 1894 it was the residence of the Dowager Lady de Freyne. The building is still extant.