A home of the O'Kellys in the mid 18th century. Occupied by "Doyle esquire" in 1778 and 1786 and by Simon J. Dowell in 1814. The house is labelled Gort on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map but is not named on the 25-inch edition of the 1890s. The townland was in the possession of Elizabeth Dowell at the time of Griffith's Valuation when she was leasing a house valued at £4 10s to Michael Kelly. Some ruins exist at the site now.