The representatives of John Irwin, a minor, were leasing a house at Camlin, valued at £14, to James Badger, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1837 Lewis also recorded Camlin as the seat of the Irwin family. At the time of the 1st Ordnance Survey, Camlin was being leased by John Irwin from the estate of Guy Lloyd and was described as "a good house of three stories". In 1814 it was the seat of John Irwin. At the time of the 1749 Census of Elphin a John Irwin lived at Camlin.