The Crofton family are originally recorded as 'of Ballymurray'. Ballymurray is the next townland east of Mote Demesne. A house at Ballymurray was occupied by Captain E. W. Kelly in 1837 and by Edmund Kelly in the 1850s, who held the house, valued at £9, from the representatives of James Daly. William Curtis was residing in Ballymurray in the 1870s. The property is labelled "Balymurray House" on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s. It is no longer extant.