In 1786 Wilson refers to Cloonmore as "the fine seat of Mr. Phillips". The house was inhabited by Myles McDonnell in the first two decades of the 19th century. It was described as 'a mansion house in good order and suitable for the accommodation of a gentleman's family' when Phillips sold the estate in 1853. It was unoccupied at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Only the foundations of a flight of steps now remains of the house.