Described in the Ordnance Survey Name Books as a 'neat modern building', the house was located close to the bank of the River Suck. It was the home of Gonville ffrench and he held it from the D'Arcy family. In the D'Arcy sales rental of May 1851 there is reference to 'the splendid mansion' of Gonville ffrench. Occupied by the Honourable Clarinda ffrench in the 1850s who held the property from the Right Honourable Richard W. Greene, valued at £21. The house is now a ruin.