- Art Geoghegan of Castletown, county Westmeath, was transplanted to the confiscated O'Flaherty lands at Bunowen, parish of Ballindoon, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, by the Cromwellian Commissioners. During the 18th century the Geoghegans became Protestants and at the beginning of the 19th century changed their surname to O'Neill. The Geoghegans were originally one of the septs of the south Uí Neill. John Augustus O'Neill, Member of Parliament, succeeded to the estate in 1830 but after the Famine he was in severe financial difficulty and sold most of his estate in 1852 to Valentine O'Connor Blake of Towerhill. At the time of Griffith's Valuation a Thomas Geoghegan held a townland in both the parishes of Moyrus and Ballindoon, barony of Ballynahinch.
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation John K. Boswell held 2 townlands in the parish of Ballindoon, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, previously part of the Bunowen estate of the O'Neills. Robinson writes that he was one of the first persons to scientifically develop a fishery (in the Doohulla area) in Ireland and England and that he sold his Connemara property to W. Young in the early 1860s. In the 1850s a John Boswell also held 2 townlands in the parish of Killinvoy, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon.
- Tim Robinson writes that John K. Boswell sold his estate at Doohulla, parish of Ballindoon, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, to W. Young in the 1860s. In the 1870s William Young of Brockley Park, Stradbally, county Laois and Doohulla Lodge, Clifden, county Galway, owned 1888 acres in county Galway and 821 acres in county Laois. The Youngs were a Scottish family who settled in county Antrim in the 17th century and moved to county Laois in the early 19th century.