- In the 18th century the O'Flahertys held lands, that had previously belonged to them, from the Blakes of Renvyle in the parish of Ballynakill, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway. However Henry Blake did not renew their lease in the second decade of the 19th century as he wished to live there himself. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edmund O'Flaherty owned 2 townlands in the parish of Ballynakill and one townland in the parish of Omey. These townlands were advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court in 1862 and a note on the sale rental states that the lands in the parish of Ballynakill were purchased by Edward Browne of Rosleague.
- This branch of the O'Flaherty family of Renvyle had an estate in the parish and barony of Moycullen, county Galway, which they bought from Mark Lynch of Drimcong in 1803. The Westport Papers contain a copy of the will of Anthony O'Flaherty of Knockbane dated 28 Dec 1817. He lent money to Henry Blake of Renvyle and was succeeded by his son, another Anthony O'Flaherty, who was a Member of Parliament for Galway city from 1847-1857. Edmund O'Flaherty of Knockbane, a half brother of Anthony, was a friend of William Keogh and of John Sadlier, the banker. In 1854 he disappeared following rumours of his involvement in extensive forgeries. Edmond O'Flaherty of Gortrevagh, Oughterard, owned 2091 acres in the 1870s. Mabel O'Flaherty, sister of Anthony O'Flaherty married Joseph Fitzpatrick and their representatives owned 1,522 acres at Knockbane in the 1870s. The Fitzpatrick estate was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 31 July 1902.
- The Fitzpatricks were a family from Grantstown, county Laois. They were related to the Fitzpatricks who bore the titles Barons and Earls of Upper Ossory and Barons Castletown. Mabel O'Flaherty, sister of Anthony O'Flaherty of Knockbane, Moycullen, county Galway, married Joseph Fitzpatrick of Grantstown and their representatives owned 1,522 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. The Fitzpatrick estate was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 31 July 1902.