- The Joyce family of Rahasane were connected with the Joyces of Mervue and also of Corgary. They held lands in the parishes of Annaghdown and Lackagh, barony of Clare in the 1850s.
Lands owned by Walter Joyce in the baronies of Kilconnell and Loughrea, county Galway, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in April 1858.
Thomas Appleyard Joyce's mansion and demesne lands at Rahasane as well as lands in the barony of Clare and property in the town of Galway, amounting to over 2000 acres in total, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in June 1871. Parts of his estate had also been offered for sale in February 1870. Among the purchasers at this sale were Messers. Ashworth, Lattey and Newman as well as other lots purchased in trust. The Irish Times reported that the only lot sold at the June 1871 sale was the mansion house and demesne at Rahasane, bought by Lt. Joyce of the 54th Regiment, for over £16,000. T.A. Joyce is still recorded as the owner of over 600 acres in county Galway later in the 1870s.
- In 1675 the ffrenches bought the lands of Cummer and Drumgriffin in the barony of Clare which had been granted to the Legge family, later Earls of Dartmount, under the Acts of Settlement. Through his mother Elizabeth Nagle of county Cork, Robert J. Ffrench inherited some of the Nagle property in the barony of Fermoy, county Cork. In 1824 Robert Joseph French of Rahasane is described as a resident proprietor in county Galway but later in the 19th century the ffrench family of Rahasane became indebted to the Smyth family who later purchased large portions of the Rahasane estate, including those in the parish of Cummer.
Nagle (Ballygriffin & Annakisha)
- This family are descended from James Nagle (died 1678) of Annakissy or Annakisha, near Mallow, county Cork, and his wife, Honora Nugent. They had a number of sons including Pierce of Annakisha and David of Ballygriffen. Nano Nagle, who founded the Presentation Sisters, was born at Ballygriffin in 1718. From the mid 18th century members of the Nagle family of Ballygriffin lived at Bath in England and purchased English estates at Calverleigh and Templeton. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Joseph Chichester Nagle held land in the parishes of Carrigleamleary, Castletownroche, Clenor, Glanworth, Killathy, Litter, Mallow, Monanimy and Rahan, barony of Fermoy. Joseph Chichester Nagle of Calverleigh Court, Tiverton, Devon, was the son of Charles Chichester and his wife, Mary ffrench of Rahasane, county Galway. His materal grandfather was Joseph Nagle of Ballygriffin, county Cork, and Joseph assumed the surname of Nagle in 1859. In the mid 1870s, Joseph C. Nagle owned 2,828 acres and James Nagle of Limerick owned 1,074 acres in county Cork. Pierce Nagle was the son of James Nagle and in 1790 Pierce married Christina Morrogh. [Their son] Pierce Nagle of Annakisha House also held land in the parishes of Carrigleamleary, Castletownroche and Monanimy, barony of Fermoy at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Pierce Nagle's estate of 5,422 acres in the barony of Fermoy and city of Cork including Annakisha and Mount Nagle was advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in June 1851. The Freeman's Journal reported that many of the lots were purchased by Charles Geoghegan, some in trust for the owner. The Nagles of Mount Nagle were descended from a younger son of Pierce Nagle of Annakisha. O'Connell gives detailed family histories of the different branches of the Nagle family in ''The Irish Genealogist''.
- A family who were established at Ballymacmoy, Killavullen, county Cork, by the mid 18th century. One branch of the family settled at Cognac in France and produced Hennessy brandy. The Hennessys held land from the Nagles in the parish of Monanimy, county Cork and a collection of archives in the James Hardiman Library, NUI, Galway, document a legal case 1771-1831 between the Hennessys and the ffrenches of Rahasane, county Galway, who had inherited some of the Nagle lands. At the time of Griffith's Valuation James Hennessy held at least three townlands in the parish of Monanimy. The Hennessy estate amounted to 863 acres in the 1870s.