- The Northampton estate was owned by the Mahon family who built Northampton House. Portions of the estate were offered for sale in the Encumbered estates courts in 1851. The portion including the house was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in June 1865. It was purchased by Mr. Murray for over £1100.
The OS Name Books record James Mahon of Northampton as a middleman for the estate of Arthur Alexander of Gort on lands in the parish of Ardrahan in the 1830s.
- James Brady-Murray is recorded as holding about 300 acres of untenanted demesne land together with a mansion at Northampton, parish of Kinvarradoorus. This property was previously owned by the Mahon family. William Murray is recorded as the proprietor of over 2000 acres in county Galway in the 1870s.