- The Costellos were settled at Castlemore, parish of Castlemore, barony of Costello, county Mayo, from at least the early 16th century. Castlemore continued to be their residence until the late 18th century but by the early 19th century the main family residence was at Edmondstown. Most of the Costello estate was in the parishes of Aghamore and Kilcolman, including one townland in the barony of Frenchpark. In 1862 Arthur Robert Costello, son of Charles, advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court about 1100 acres in the baronies of Gallen and Costello, county Mayo and about 1050 acres in the parish of St Johns, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. Some of these lots were purchased in trust by Messers. McNevin and Burke. In the 1870s however he still owned 7513 acres in county Mayo and 1038 acres in county Roscommon. In July 1876 lands belonging to Charles Costello in counties Roscommon, Longford and Westmeath were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. Over 700 acres at Carrowmorragh, county Roscommon was purchased by P.F. Leonard. The Costello estate at Edmondstown was sold to the tenants in the 1880s and the house to the Bishop of Achonry. In 1878 Charles Costello of Kilfree, Gurteen, county Sligo owned 174 acres in county Mayo and 1330 acres in county Sligo. Most of this property was in the barony of Coolavin. After 1909 an offer was accepted by J.P. Costello on over 180 acres of his estate in county Sligo.
- The Caddells were a family of Welsh origin, who settled in Ireland in the 12th century. The Blakes descend from the Caddells. The main branch of the Caddell family settled at the Naule, county Meath, and later at Harbourstown, near Balbriggan, in county Dublin. In the mid 18th century Richard Caddell succeeded to estates in counties Sligo, Roscommon and Galway, by the will of his uncle, James Farrell of Kilmore, county Roscommon. By the mid 1850s his nephew, Richard O'Farrell Caddell,held a large estate in the parishes of Clonbern, Dunmore and Tuam, in the baronies of Ballymoe and Dunmore, county Galway and in the parish of Kilmore, barony of Ballintober North, county Roscommon. However the Caddells sold their county Galway estate of 4,816 acres in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1858. Richard O'Farrell Caddell, Harbourstown House, Balbriggan, county Dublin is recorded as the owner of over 3000 acres in each of counties Roscommon and Sligo in the 1870s. The male line died out in 1887 and the Caddell's county Meath estate was inherited by Sophia M. M. Jerningham (nee Caddell).