- Under the Acts of Settlement a Francis and Mary Coghlan were granted over 800 acres in the parish of Killasser, barony of Gallen, county Mayo. In the 19th century the Lynch Blosses leased Brees to the Coghlan family, many of whom were involved in the legal profession. Archdeacon Coghlan held one townland in the parish of Kilmovee, barony of Costello, at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. William F.Coghlan was a tenant and the occupier of Prospect House, Gortanierin, parish of Crossboyne, on the estate of Lord Oranmore and Browne in 1854. By the mid 1860s the Trestons were selling an interest in Barnagreggaun and the sales rental shows that Martin Kirwan leased Brees to Alexander Coghlan in 1819 for three lives and 31 years.