- The estate at Laheen, which had previously been associated with the Reynolds family, came into the Peyton family though the marriage of John Peyton to a daughter of Christopher Reynolds of Laheen in the early 18th century. The Peytons had first acquired land in Leitrim through an earlier marriage with the Reynolds family of Loughscur in the mid-17th century. In 1830 and 1865 members of the Peyton family of Laheen were High Sheriffs of Leitrim. In 1868 George Peyton was offering lands in the parish of Kiltoghert for sale in the Landed Estates' court. He held this property on lease from Richard Reynolds Peyton.
A junior branch of the Peytons of Laheen were resident in Castlebar in the 19th century.
In 1854 Anthony Joseph French, his wife Anne Jane and members of the Peyton family were advertising for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court 1509 acres in the baronies of Carra and Gallen, county Mayo. Some of this acreage was in the parish of Ballyhean and appears to have been part of the estate owned by the Chambers of Kilboyne, who were connected to the Peytons through the marriage of Hamilton Peyton and Susanna Chambers in the later 18th century. In Griffith's Valuation the Peytons were the immediate lessors of 3 townlands and Anthony J.French of one townland in the parish of Ballyhean. A house and lands belonging to Anthony French and his wife at Rosbeg, were sold in the Landed Estates Court in November 1866. They were purchased in trust by a Mr. London. In the 1870s Bernard Peyton of Creagh's Villa, Castlebar, owned 1307 acres in county Mayo.
- Richard Reynolds Peyton of Loughscur owned over 2500 acres in county Leitrim in the 1870s. He was High Sheriff for Leitrim in 1879.