- The Lindseys were well established in north Mayo at the beginning of the 18th century. On 14 Dec 1705 Samuel Lindsey of Belleek and Robert Lindsey, a merchant of Sligo, bought 2 quarters of Rathoma, parish of Ballysakerry, from the trustees for the sale of part of the estate of Charles Boyle, 3rd Earl of Cork and 2nd Earl of Burlington. The Lindseys came to Turin in the early 18th century and Turin remained their property until the mid 19th century, although they appear to have been largely absentee landlords. In 1749 the Reverend Samuel Lindsey of Turin married Frances Bucknall and their grandson John Lindsey took the additional surname of Bucknall. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Lindsey Bucknalls still held 2 townlands in the parish of Kilmainemore. Sir Thomas Staples was in possession of Turin by the time of Griffith's Valuation and was leasing it to the Rutherford family.
- The Staples family held some church lands in the parish of Kilmainemore, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo. Mary Vesey, eldest daughter of Archbishop John Vesey of Tuam, married early in the 18th century Sir Robert Staples 2nd Baronet. The Staples appear to have purchased Turin from the sale of the Dillon-Browne estate in 1851. Most of the Staples estate was let to members of the Fair family and was held from the Bishop of Tuam. In 1878 Robert Staples of Dunmore, Durrow, Queen's County (Co Leix) owned 1,424 acres in Queen's County, 4,003 acres in county Londonderry and 1,385 acres in county Mayo. Robert Staples (died 1886) married Mary Isabella Bond and their eldest daughter was Katherine Ann, resident at Dunmore in 1910. Miss K. Staples sold 1,387 acres to the Congested Districts' Board on 28 Nov 1907.
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Rutherfords were leasing Turin, parish of Kilmainemore, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo from Sir Thomas Staples. By 1876 the Rutherfords owned 934 acres in county Mayo.