Tighe (The Heath)
- Robert Tighe was a prosperous merchant of Ballinrobe, barony of Kilmainemore, county Mayo, in the mid 19th century who bought lands for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Robert Tighe held three townlands in the parish of Kilmainemore, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, previously part of the estate of Arthur Browne of Glencorrib, parish of Shrule, and one townland in parish of Crossboyne, barony of Clanmorris, bought from the Blakes of Merlin Park. He held a townland in the parish of Templetogher, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway, in the mid 1850s. In 1863 Tighe bought The Heath from the Blakes. His first wife was Catherine, daughter of Thomas Kelly, and their eldest son, Thomas, was Member of Parliament for county Mayo in 1874. In 1875 he married Marie Antionette Dolphin of Danesfort, county Galway. By 1876 members of the Tighe family owned more than 2,000 acres in county Mayo and 1,025 acres in county Galway. Part of the Tighe's county Mayo estate was sold to the Congested Districts' Board in May 1906. 593 acres belonging to Thomas Tighe in county Galway were vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 26 April 1907. Robert Dolphin Tighe is recorded as the owner of over 340 acres of untenanted demesne land and a mansion house valued at £15 at Lisduff, Loughrea, in 1906.
- The Bowens of county Mayo appear to be descended from the Bowens of Ballyadams, Queen's county [county Laois]. At the end of the 16th century a branch of the Bowens of Ballyadams was settled at Castlecarra, parish of Burriscarra and later at Liskilleen in the parish of Ballinrobe. By the late 18th century Christopher Bowen of Hollymount, a lawyer, held the properties known as Annefield and The Heath. He had daughters who married Anthony Elwood, a younger son of Thomas Elwood of Strandhill, Cong, and John Blake of Windfield, county Galway. By his will Christopher Bowen left Annefield and The Heath to two of his grandsons respectively, Anthony Elwood, who assumed the name of Bowen, and Henry Blake. Anthony Bowen Elwood had no children and Annefield also passed to the Blake family. Anthony Bowen Elwood held lands in the parishes of Kilcommon, barony of Kilmaine, and in Kilcolman, barony of Clanmorris. He was recorded as an absentee landlord in 1802 and the estate was run by his agent, Charles Cromie, who also resided at Annefield.
- This family was transplanted to Mullaghmore, parish of Moylough, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway under the Cromwellian settlement. Burke's 'Landed Gentry of Ireland' (1904) records that they purchased Windfield in 1703. Under the will of John Blake 27 Feb 1786 the estate passed to his cousin John Blake of The Heath, county Mayo, a younger son of the Blakes of Renvyle. This John Blake had married a daughter of Christopher Bowen of Hollymount and the Bowen property, known as The Heath, passed to the Blakes. Over 1200 acres of the estate of Henry Martyn Blake (1796-1857) in the baronies of Kilmaine and Clanmorris were advertised for sale in 1853 and the Kilmaine portion again in 1855. The remainder of the estate in the baronies of Clanmorris (The Heath)and Costello (Kilnock) and Tiaquin, county Galway (Brierfield) was sold by John Henry Blake in 1863. The county Galway estate of Windfield appears to have been sold to the Jameson family in the 1820s. The Annefield estate was vested in the Congested Districts' Board in 1905.
- The Jamesons were a Dublin family well known in the 19th century distilling and banking circles of that city. James Jameson bought the Windfield estate in the parish of Moylough, barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, from the Blakes in the early 1820s. He was succeeded by his eldest son the Reverend John Jameson in 1847 and the family continued to occupy Windfield until the early 20th century, although they also had a residence at Montrose in the Dublin suburbs. In the 1870s the estate amounted to 3,123 acres and it was later sold to the Land Commission. At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Jameson of Montrose, county Dublin, a brother of the Reverend John Jameson, held land in the parish of Athleague, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. In the 1870s he owned 1,434 acres in county Roscommon. His daughter married her first cousin James Francis Jameson of Windfield in 1879. In November 1877, lands which had been the property of the late John Jameson in the barony of Athleague, county Roscommon, were sold in the Landed Estates Court to Messers. Watson and Co. in trust.
In 1850 William Jameson and George White West of Ardinode, county Kildare (family of White of White Park, county Fermanagh) bought the Annaghbeg estate in the barony of Tulla Lower, county Clare, from the Barringtons of Glenstal, county Limerick and Thomas Williams in the Encumbered Estates' Court. They advertised the sale of this estate (1187 acres) again in June 1856.