Booth (Ebor Hall)
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Booth held 3 townlands in the parish of Cong and a townland in each of the parishes of Kilmainbeg and Kilmainmore, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo. These lands were parts of the estates of D'Arcy of Ballykine and ffrench of Claremont, county Roscommon, sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1852. Lane contends that Booth sold them on to Joseph Skerrett Blake of Lissavally in 1857. Booth also held the townland of Tumneenaun from the Provost and Fellows of Trinity College. Deputy Commissary General William Booth, who died in 1880 aged 88, served under Sir John Moore and the Duke of Wellington in the Peninsular War and was responsible for organising the provisions for the army while on campaign. After leaving the army he was Principal Clerk to the Survey of Ordnance at Dublin from 1824-1856. Semple writes that he built Ebor Hall in the mid 19th century. He later sold it to Lord Mountmorres, who was murdered nearby in 1880. Mrs Juliana Booth of Bath, Somerset, owned 1,252 acres in Queen's County (Offaly) in 1878. She was the second wife of William Booth. They married in 1846. Her first husband was James Butler Pratt, a member of the Pratt family of Cabragh Castle, county Cavan, to whom the Viscounts Mountmorres were also related. The General, his second wife Juliana and his two children by his first wife, Eliza Bisset, are all buried in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Ebor Hall later belonged to an architect named Hamilton and for most of the 20th century was owned by Dr Joseph Boyd and his son.
- Gonville ffrench was a younger brother of the 3rd Baron ffrench of Castle ffrench, county Galway. He lived at Claremont, county Roscommon and held lands in county Mayo in the parishes of Kilmainebeg, Kilmainemore and Moorgagagh, barony of Kilmaine, in county Galway in the parishes of Killeroran and Killian, barony of Killian and in county Roscommon in the parishes of Cam and Dysart, barony of Athlone. The lands in the parish of Cam were sold to Sir Thomas ffrench of Castleffrench in November 1792 by Robert Blakely who had bought them the previous July. They later formed part of Gonville ffrench's marriage settlement trust. Some of Gonville ffrench's county Galway estate was held from Nicholas D'Arcy. His interest in county Mayo lands may possibly have derived from his mother, a Redington of Kilcornan, county Galway, a family who had landed interests in county Mayo. His main tenant and agent was James Fox of Lakefield, Shrule. In 1851 and 1852 his assignee Henry Lyons advertised for sale his estates in counties Mayo and Roscommon, each amounting to just over a thousand acres. Some of the county Mayo estate was bought by William Booth, while another lot was purchased by Thomas H. Kenny. The Roscommon estate was still in Gonville ffrench's possession at the time of Griffith's Valuation. His interest in the fee farm rent of Gorteens, parish of Moorgagagh, barony of Kilmaine, was sold by his assignees in 1867. The Irish Times notes that it was purchased by Mr. A. Kyne for over £1900. Gonville ffrench married Clare or Clarinda Kenney of Kilclogher, county Galway. They had no children and the ffrench interest in Claremont appears to have been inherited by Gonville's nephew, Edward Thomas ffrench Beytagh, of Cappagh, county Galway. Some of this latter property was sold by the trustees of Clarinda ffrench's estate in February 1873. The purchasers were Messers. Hynes of Ballinasloe, Mr. Conway, solicitor in trust and Patrick and William Murphy. Claremont on 181 acres was advertised for sale in November 1885.
de Montmorency (Ebor Hall)
- The Viscounts Mountmorres were descended from the Morres family, landowners in Co Kilkenny from the mid 17th century, who had assumed the name of de Montmorency. By 1865 William Browne de Montmorency owned Ebor Hall or was certainly living there as the ''Gentleman’s Magazine'' records the birth in Doncaster of his son and heir in March 1865 and gives the home address as Ebor Hall. There appears to be a family link between Mrs Booth, wife of Deputy Commissary General William Booth, who built Ebor Hall and the de Montmorency family through the Pratts of Cabragh Castle, county Cavan. William B. de Montmorency became the 5th Viscount in 1872. In 1876 Lord Mountmorres of Ebor Hall owned 300 acres in county Galway (acreage of townland of Tumneenaun) and in 1880 he was murdered on his way home to the house.
Trinity College, Dublin, Provost and Fellows (Connacht)
- In 1837 Samuel Lewis recorded that at the time of the dissolution of the monasteries Queen Elizabeth I granted part of the possessions of the Abbey of Cong to the Provost and Fellows of Trinity College, Dublin, which was established in 1592. On 7 May 1669 Reverend Thomas Steele, Provost, was granted 5,447 acres in the baronies of Ross and Ballynahinch, county Galway, estimated to produce an income of £300 per annum. Parts of the estate covered the region stretching from Cong to the coast at Leenane and included at least 16 townlands in the parishes of Cong and Ross, barony of Ross, county Galway. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the different townlands were let to head tenants such as William Booth, Sir Ralph Sadlier, the Lynchs of Petersburg, Courtney Kenny of Ballinrobe, Robert Fair of Bushfield, Michael Higgins, Anthony Coyne and Peter King. The Provost and Fellows of Trinity College, Dublin, also held a number of townlands in the parish of Omey, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, which were let to Redmond Joyce and other Joyces at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The amount of the acreage belonging to the Provost and Fellows was not given in the Landowners' return published in 1876 and Hussey de Burgh states that a correct return had not been received before the publication of his book in 1878. The Return of Proprietors, also published in 1876, however, states that the estate amounted to over 7000 acres in county Galway. In the introductory chapter to his book on the Trinity College estates Robert MacCarthy distinguishes between the Provost's estates and the College's estates. He writes that a large quantity of estate papers removed from the stables of the Provost's house were destroyed in the 1950s.