- In March 1858 William, Simon and John Armstrong offered for sale the lands of Kilbracken, barony of Carrigallen. The property was held under a lease, dated 1740, between Richard Morgan and William Armstrong. This lease was renewed in 1810, this time between John Godley of Killegar and Simon Armstrong. Mrs. Elizabeth Browne, nee Armstrong, with this address, is listed as owner of lands in Leitrim in 1876. The house at Kilbracken was leased by her to Wm. Murray Hickson in 1856. The Browne estate also held land in the parish of Drumreilly, barony of Mohill.
It would appear that this estate was also connected with the Jones family since John George Jones (Jones of Headfort family) is described as "of Kilbracken".
- The representatives of John Browne are among the principal lessors in the parish of Drumreilly, barony of Carrigallen, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1876 and 1877 over 1000 acres owned by members of the Browne and McClintock families were offered for sale in the Landed Estates' Court. The Irish Times reported that Messers. Higgins and McKeon purchased some lots while others were sold privately. Mrs. Elizabeth Browne, of Kilbracken, Carrigallen, was the owner of over 1000 acres in county Leitrim in the 1870s.