- A Galway family who lost most of their estates in that county under Cromwell but received extensive grants of land in the barony of Carra, county Mayo under the Restoration Settlement, most of which they managed to retain despite supporting the Jacobite cause. Their estate was mainly in the parishes of Ballintober and Ballyovey in the barony of Carra and in the parishes of Mayo, Kilcolman and Balla in the barony of Clanmorris. The lands in the barony of Clanmorris were previously part of the estate of the Moores of Brize, which Sir Henry Lynch claimed by his marriage in 1722 to Mary Moore. His claim was settled by a decree of the House of Lords in 1744. Through their connection with the Moores the Lynch Blosses also held a half share in substantial estates in the barony of Athlone, County Roscommon and the barony of Garrycastle, King's County (Offaly) which were advertised for sale in October 1852. In the early 18th century the Lynch Blosses had a house at Corrandulla in the parish of Annaghdown, barony of Clare, county Galway. By the mid 18th century they were living at Castlecarra although they retained the house at Corrandulla until the early 19th century. In 1876 the Lynch Blosse estate amounted to 17,555 acres. The Congested Districts' Board purchased the Lynch Blosse estate of 18,566 acres in 1909 for £154,000. The Irish Tourist Association File makes reference to the account of S. Nicholson's survey of the estate in 1844 being in the library of the Archbishop of Tuam. The maps of the Lynch Blosse estate may be viewed on line at http://www.mayolibrary.ie/en/LocalStudies/MayoMapsOnline/
- A junior branch of the Lynch Blosse family baronets, who obtained leases of the Clogher estate, in the parishes of Burriscarra and Drum, barony of Carra, and in the parish of Tagheen, barony of Clanmorris, county Mayo, for 999 years from Sir Henry Lynch Blosse 8th Baronet in 1788. Family members had mercantile interests at Cadiz in Spain. In the 19th century Elizabeth Lynch married Andrew Crean Lynch of Hollybrook, parish of Tagheen, who bought the Clogher estate from his brother in law Patrick Lynch. By the 1860s Patrick Crean Lynch was in financial difficulties and advertised for sale both his Hollybrook and Clogher estates. Part of the Hollybrook estate was in the parishes of Kilbennan and Kilconla, barony of Dunmore, county Galway. The Irish Times reported details of the purchasers of some lots in this sale though other lots were adjourned. In 1870 one of of his daughters, Helena Mary, married James Charles FitzGerald Kenney of Kilclogher, county Galway. They were the parents of James FitzGerald Kenney, Cumann na nGaedheal TD for south Mayo 1927-1944 and Minister for Justice 1927-1932. In 1873, another daughter of Patrick Crean Lynch married Anthony Joseph MacDermott of Ramore, county Galway, and he and other persons sold over 3000 acres in county Mayo to the Congested Districts' Board in March 1913. Over 600 acres belonging to the Crean Lynchs in county Galway was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 11 June 1914.
- A Blake property at the beginning of the 18th century which passed by marriage to the Creans, a county Sligo Gaelic family. The Crean family of Hollybrook House, in the parish of Tagheen, barony of Clanmorris, changed their name to Crean Lynch following the marriage of Andrew Crean and Mary Lynch, daughter and heiress of Henry [Dominick] Lynch of Newborough, county Galway. Their grandson, Andrew Crean Lynch, married Elizabeth Lynch of Clogher, parish of Burriscarra, barony of Carra. Andrew Crean Lynch purchased the Clogher estate from his brother-in-law and his descendants lived at Clogher, while Hollybrook was leased to the Andersons. Patrick Crean Lynch advertised for sale his life interest in Hollybrook in 1861.
- James Anthony McDermott of Ramore married Mary Agnes Blake of Cregg Castle in the early 19th century and this may explain why the McDermotts held Cloghanower and Mountross in the parish of Killeany, barony of Clare, county Galway. Their 822 acres in the parish of Killeany was advertised for sale in 1856. James McDermott was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Killimorbologue, barony of Longford and Clontuskert, barony of Clonmacnowen, county Galway, in 1856.
In 1873, Anthony Joseph MacDermott of Ramore married Liza, daughter and coheir of Patrick Crean Lynch of Clogher, county Mayo. Over 3,000 acres in county Mayo belonging to him and others was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 13 Mar 1913.
The Ramore estate amounted to over 3500 acres in the 1870s. In 1906 James McDermott owned about 250 acres of untenanted land and the mansion house at Rathmore, valued at £39.
- The Kenneys, originally from Somerset, settled in county Wexford in the late 16th century. In the 18th century James Kenney of Wexford married Catherine O'Kelly and bought the estate of Kilclogher from Lord Trimblestown. Kilclogher had been forfeited by the O'Kellys in the 17th century. The family became Fitzgerald Kenney in the late 18th century and were recorded as non resident proprietors in county Galway in 1824. By the mid 19th century the Kilclogher estate included lands in the parishes of Moylough and Monivea, barony of Tiaquin and in the parish of Ballynakill, barony of Ballymoe, county Galway. Some of the land in the barony of Ballymoe was sold in 1855 to Allan Pollok. In 1870 James C. Fitzgerald Kenney married Helena, daughter and co-heir of Major Patrick Crean Lynch, and their children inherited both the Kilclogher estate of the Kenneys and the Clogher estate in county Mayo of the Crean Lynches. They were the parents of James FitzGerald Kenney, Cumann na nGaedheal TD for south Mayo 1927-1944 and Minister for Justice 1927-1932. In the 1870s the county Galway estate of the Fitzgerald Kenneys amounted to 3,540 acres and the county Mayo estate to 855 acres. A younger son, Thomas Henry Kenney of Ballyforan House (Claremont), county Roscommon and France, who died in 1864, had over 2,300 acres of land in four counties, including counties Galway and Roscommon. In July 1874 his Irish lands were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court by his two daughters, Sophia A. Kenney and Adele Schaffers. The Irish Times reported that some lots were sold by private contract and others to Mr. William Fry, solicitor, in trust.
- By his will (1612) Robert Blake of Ardfry left the lands of Castlegrove or Fartigare as they were originally known, in the barony of Dunmore, county Galway, to his seventh son, Andrew Blake. In the mid 18th century Dominick Blake of Castlegrove married Frances, daughter of Nicholas, 5th Viscount Netterville, as his first wife. Their second son founded the Blake family of Newborough. The Blakes of Canada are descended from Dominick Blake's second marriage. Castlegrove, an estate of over 2,300 acres belonging to Edward Blake, was advertised for sale in November 1852 and bought by John W. Cannon. Edward Blake still held land in the parishes of Killererin, Dunmore and Tuam at the time of Griffith's Valuation. An Edward Blake of Belgium owned 924 acres in county Galway and 1698 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s.
Netterville Blake of Newborough, parish of Kilbennan, barony of Dunmore, county Galway, second son of Dominick Blake of Castlegrove, had a large family of 14 children. His third son Arthur Netterville Blake lived at Kilcloghan House, north of Tuam and held the 93 acres of the townland of Mount Potter in fee, presumably having bought it from Jeremiah Tully in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1850. Martin Blake writes that Arthur's younger brother James Netterville Blake, a doctor, lived at Newborough. The Blakes held Newborough from Patrick Crean Lynch. Lands at Lisnanny and Ballyroe, barony of Dunmore, amounting to 656 acres and 218 at Burris, barony of Clanmorris in county Mayo were advertised for sale by the trustees of Margaret Blake widow of James Netterville Blake in 1851.