- This branch of the Tenison family is descended from members of the family who settled in the north of Ireland in the mid- 17th century and includes Bishop Richard Tenison, bishop of Killala and Achonry. Thomas Tenison married Lady Frances King, daughter of the Earl of Kingston in 1803 which resulted in that branch of the family becoming known as King-Tenison. Thomas Tennison was a member of the Grand Panel of county Roscommon in 1828. In 1845 Edward King Tenison of Kilronan was High Sheriff for Leitrim. The family held extensive estates in county Roscommon, centred on Kilronan Castle (formerly Castle Tenison), near Keadue. Edward King Tenison was one of the principal lessors of property in the parishes of Ardcarn & Kilronan, barony of Boyle at the time of Griffith's Valuation. King-Tenison property in County Dublin was sold in the Landed Estates Court in November 1861. In 1876 the family held almost 17,000 acres in county Roscommon as well as over 1600 in county Sligo and 1500 in county Leitrim, mostly in the parish of Drumreilly. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey the agent for the estate was Little of Carrick-on-Shannon.
- Joseph Bennett Little, with an address at Knockadoo, Boyle, was the owner of over 500 acres in county Leitrim in the 1870s. He also appears to have owned land in county Cavan. In the 1850s he was leasing a house at Knockranny, Boyle, from the Tenison estate. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey he was acting as agent for the Tennison estate.