Dean Lyons was Parish Priest of Binghamstown during the Famine.
- Dean John Patrick Lyons, Parish Priest of Kilmore Erris, and his brother Luke held land in the Binghamstown area, barony of Erris, county Mayo, in the mid 19th century. Dean Lyons lived in Binghamstown House, which he leased from the Bingham family. In 1876 a Henry Lyons of Carrowkeel, Crossmolina, owned 963 acres and Mrs Marianne Lyons of Ardmore, Belmullet owned 450 acres in county Mayo. By March 1916 offers from the Congested Districts' Board for both acreages had been accepted by Lyons and McDermott.