- In the later nineteenth century the Mulloy estate was centred on the demesne of Hughestown, county Roscommon but lands were also held in counties Sligo and Leitrim. The Reverend Coote Molloy is recorded as owning over 1000 acres in Roscommon and 300 acres in Leitrim in the 1870s. Fanny Mulloy, with an address at Oakport Cottage, Boyle, was the owner of over 2800 acres in county Roscommon at the same time. Earlier, in 1851, over 2000 acres of the Mulloy estate, as well as rectorial tithes in both counties Roscommon and Sligo, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. In the 1830s the Boyd family of Knockdrehid acted as agents for the Mulloy of Hughestown estate while the Acheson family appeared to be the agents for Molloy of Oakport. In 1828 William Mulloy of Oakport and Coote Mulloy of Hughestown were members of the Grand Panel for county Roscommon. In 1842 Coote Mulloy of Hughestown was High Sheriff for Leitrim.