- The lands of Ardnaree, parish of Kilmoremoy, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, were granted to Sir Theophilus Jones by Charles II in 1668 and members of the Jones family were settled there from the early 18th century. They leased land from Sir Arthur Gore and in the mid 19th century had lands in the parishes of Addergoole, Ballynahaglish and Kilmoremoy. In 1861 Major Thomas Jones was selling the town and lands of Ardnaree in the barony of Tireragh, county Sligo and property in the town of Ballina. In 1867 his life estate in Massbrook as well as other lands in counties Mayo and Sligo were advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court. The Irish Times provides a detailed report of the purchasers who included Messer. Harper Campbell and Henry Lyons of Sligo. In 1876, Thomas Jones' widow, Mrs Anne Elizabeth Jones of London, owned 2837 acres in county Mayo and 742 acres in county Sligo. Scattered throughout a large collection of solicitors' papers from the firm Longfield, Kelly and Armstrong in the National Archives are a variety of records documenting the Jones' estates.
Anderson (Wood Park)
- The Massbrook estate, parish of Addergoole, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, was leased from John Walsh of Castlehill by the Anderson family in the 1830s. Following the Famine it became the property of Bernard and Charles Coyne who leased it to Thomas Jones.