Ormsby (Castle Dargan)
- The Ormsby family held property at Castledargan since the end of the 17th century. William Ormsby is recorded as a gentleman farmer in the Census of Elphin in 1749. Houses, fields and premises in the town of Sligo, part of the estate of John Ormsby, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in June 1854. These premises were held under a lease renewable forever between Jeremiah Furey and William Ormsby, dated March 1797. Lands at Coolboy and Shrareagh, barony of Tirerrill, the property of John Ormsby of Castle Dargan, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in December 1855. In 1875 over 1900 acres of the Castle Dargan estate was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. Most of the lots were purchased by Mr. Middleton, described in the Irish Times as "Merchant, Sligo" with one lot purchased by Mr. Maguire.
In 1906 John Hosie is recorded as the occupier of the property at Castle Dargan, including mansion house.