- The Aylmers lived at Lyons, county Kildare, until 1796, when they sold the house to Lord Cloncurry. In 1756 Michael Aylmer married Margaret, only child of George Mathew of Thomastown, county Tipperary but none of their children survived to become adults. In 1770 he married as his third wife Mary, daughter of the Earl of Clanricarde ,and their grandson, Michael Valentine Aylmer of Derry House, Rathcabbin, county Tipperary, succeeded to the Aylmer estates in 1837. In 1841 Michael V. Aylmer married Marianne, daughter and heir of William Connolly of Dublin. The site of Derry House is marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey map, Grid Reference M973 072 (Discovery Map No 53). In the mid 19th century Michael V. Aylmer held the townland of Derry (904 acres) in the parish of Dorrha, barony of Lower Ormond. In November 1864 his county Tipperary land with land in county Meath and in the city of Dublin was advertised for sale. A private sale to the owner of some of his Tipperary lands was reported in the Irish Times in August 1867. The county Tipperary estate was again advertised for sale in July 1873 and January 1874. The Irish Times reported, in July 1873, that 500 acres had been sold to Richard Wallace for over £4800.