- The Neynoe family owned this estate in Ballysumaghan parish since the 18th century. They appear to have held it from the Bishop of Elphin and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners as indicated by a lease in the name of the latter and Edward Loftus Neynoe in 1838. The house and major portions of the estate was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in 1853. Some of the purchasers included Alexander Sims and Mr. Kincaid. The house and adjacent property was again offered for sale in March 1858, by Richard Bolton Neynoe who appears to have purchased it back in 1853. Henry Griffiths was renting the house and at least 180 acres during this time. By the end of the 19th century it had passed into the hands of the Stack family. The property at Old Castle appears to have been occupied by Capt. Thomas Mitchell in 1814.