- Thomas Hely was among the principal lessors in the parish of Modelligo, barony of Decies-without-Drum at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s, John George Hely, of Glenshillane, Cappoquin owned over 600 acres in county Waterford while William Hely of Woodstock, Cappoquin was the owner of over 300 acres. Over 500 acres of John G. Hely's estate in the barony of Decies-without-Drum was offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court in December 1886. The sale was adjourned due to insufficient bidding. This was a branch of the Hely family of Foulkscourt, county Kilkenny.