- At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Reverend Benjamin Talbot and Robert Talbot held land in the townlands of Terryglass and Sheelruddera, parish of Terryglass, barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary. The head landlord was Sir John Power. In 1847 the Reverend Benjamin Biggs Talbot married Ruth, daughter of the Reverend Ralph Stoney of Terryglass and Ballynockane. They had one son, Lieutenant Colonel Johnston Stoney Talbot. He died in 1878. In the 1870s the Reverend Benjamin of Ashgrove owned 349 acres, Frances Talbot of Shannonview owned 42 acres and Benjamin Talbot of Shannon Lodge, Borrisokane owned 91 acres in county Tipperary.