Browne (Moyvilly & Mounthazel)
- The Moyvilly estate, near Oranmore, county Galway, was granted to the Brownes under the Acts of Settlement. It was formerly an estate belonging to the Ffrench family. Andrew Browne of Moyvilla is listed as a resident proprietor in county Galway in 1824. The Blakes of Kiltolla became indebted to the Brownes during the 18th century and in settlement sold their Mounthazel estate, near Mount Bellew, to the Brownes. The Brownes then moved their main residence from Moyvilly to Mounthazel. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the Mounthazel estate comprised of eight townlands in the parish of Ballymacward, barony of Tiaquin and townlands in the parishes of Boyounagh, barony of Ballymoe and Dunmore, barony of Dunmore, county Galway, some of them purchased from the Cuff and Eyre families. The Brownes also held land in the parishes of Moygawnagh and Kilfian, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s Andrew Browne of Mounthazel owned 1,939 acres in county Galway and 2,953 acres in county Mayo while his first cousin Colonel Andrew Browne of Mount Bernard owned 1,644 acres in county Galway. The Mounthazel estate passed by marriage to the De Stacpoole family in 1883. In 1887 Virginia Maude, daughter of Lieutenant-General Andrew Browne, married Captain Hugh O'Connor Henchy of Stonebrook, county Kildare and they inherited Moyveela Castle.
- A county Westmeath family who intermarried with the Wills of Willsgrove, county Roscommon, the Ormes of Abbeytown, Crossmolina and the Perkins of Ballybroony, county Mayo. Godfrey Fetherestonhaugh acquired the property of the Ormes of Glenmore in the parishes of Crossmolina, Kilfian and Moygawnagh in the Encumbered Estates' Court. He was also in possession of the two townlands in the parish of Moygawnagh previously held by Andrew Browne, Mount Hazel, county Galway. His grandson, another Godfrey Fetherstonhaugh of Glenmore and Dublin, was a Member of Parliament for North Fermanagh 1906-1916. In 1876 the Fetherstonhaughs owned 9,261 acres in county Mayo and 1,016 acres in county Westmeath.
- James Cuff, Esker, is recorded as a resident proprietor of county Galway in 1824. He was a member of the family of Cuff of Creagh, Ballinrobe, county Mayo. Townlands in the parishes of Toomore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo and Killogilleen, barony of Dunkellin and Ballymacward, barony of Tiaquin in county Galway, were advertised for sale in December 1851 by Gregory Cuff, eldest son and heir of James Cuff. Flynn writes that Cuff held his Esker property from Andrew Browne of Mounthazel. Captain James Martin, Bloomfield, county Sligo was the purchaser of the Esker and Toomore properties.
Eyre/Hedges Eyre (Galway)
- Richard Hedges Eyre of Macroom Castle and Mount Hedges, county Cork, married Frances Browne, daughter of the 2nd Viscount Kenmare. In 1777 their daughter Helena married Reverend George Maunsell, Dean of Leighlin. Their second son, Robert Hedges Eyre Maunsell, married his cousin, Elizabeth Dorothea, daughter and co heiress of Thomas Maunsell of Plassey, county Limerick. Reverend Maunsell's fourth son married Lady Catherine Hare, daughter of the 1st Earl of Listowel and their eldest son, Reverend Robert Hedges Maunsell, assumed the additional name of Eyre when he succeeded to some of the estates of his great uncle Robert Hedges Eyre. In the early 19th century the Hedges Eyre family had property in county Cork and lived at Macroom Castle. In 1852 the Hedges Eyre family advertised for sale a large amount of property in the town and county of the town of Galway, also townlands in the baronies of Tiaquin, Longford and Leitrim. Much of their estate was bought by a Mr Ashworth. The estate of Robert Hedges Eyre White and Reverend Robert Hedges Maunsell Eyre, devisees of Robert Hedges Eyre, in the baronies of Slievardagh and Middlethird, county Tipperary, was advertised for sale in November 1854. In the 1870s Reverend Robert Hedges Maunsell Eyre of Innishannon, county Cork, owned 223 acres in county Galway and 539 acres in county Cork.
- The Mount Hazel estate in the parish of Ballymacward and barony of Tiaquin, county Galway, passed by marriage to the de Stacpoole family in 1883.
- This O'Connor family had links with the O'Connor Donelan family of Sylaun, county Galway. In 1796 Valentine O'Connor married Mary, daughter of David Henchy of Rockfield, Blackrock, county Dublin, son of John Henchy of Cratloe, county Clare. Their second son, David, lived at Stonebrook, county Kildare and assumed the additional name of Henchy. At the time of Griffith's Valuation O'Connor Henchy held land in the parish of Graystown, barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary. In 1850 David married Elizabeth, daughter of Sir John Burke, baronet, of Marble Hill, county Galway and in 1887, their son Hugh, married Virginia, only daughter of Andrew Browne of Moyvilla Castle, county Galway. In the 1870s David O'Connor Henchy of Stonebrook, Ballymore Eustace, county Kildare, owned 1,090 acres in county Kildare. Valentine O'Brien O'Connor, the third son of Valentine and Mary O'Connor, lived at Rockfield, county Dublin and also had a residence at Ballykisteen, county Tipperary. In the 1870s he is recorded as owning 837 acres in county Limerick and 78 acres in county Dublin. According to the ''New Zealand Tablet'' (7 Huitanguru [Sept]1874) he bought this property from the Earl of Derby as the newspaper states that an annuity of £5,000 for his wife was charged on the estate under the provisions of his will. He died in September 1873 and was succeeded by his fourth son, William, of Ballykisteen, county Tipperary, who owned 6,178 acres in county Tipperary in the mid 1870s and died childless in 1898.