- The Lidwells were established in county Tipperary from the mid 18th century. In 1826 Frederick Lidwell married Christinia, daughter of William Hutchinson of Timoney, county Tipperary. The Lidwill estate was mainly in the parish of Killavinoge, barony of Ikerrin but they also had land in the parish of Holycross, barony of Eliogarty. This family were still resident at Dromard in the 1970s. A junior branch of the family held properties at Clonmore and Cormackstown, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary, following a marriage in 1736 between Thomas Lidwell and Jemima, daughter and heiress of Mark Cowley of Clonmore and Cormackstown. Cormackstown (609 acres) was advertised for sale in July 1852 and Dromard (641 acres) in February 1854. Dromard was held on a lease from George Mathew to Robert Lidwell dated 17 October 1709. Clonmore (1201 acres) was advertised for sale in May 1858. George Lidwell of Dromard owned 1,345 acres in county Tipperary and 267 acres in Queen's County (county Laois) in the 1870s.
- Griffith's Valuation records Thomas O'Grady as the immediate lessor in the townland of Graffin, parish of Killavinoge, barony of Ikerrin, county Tipperary. This townland of 818 acres was advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court in June 1852, the estate of Thomas Grove Grady. The petitioner was Henry Grove Grady. An earlier Henry Grove Grady who died in 1834 was agent to Lady Caroline Damer. The Lidwill entry in Burke's ''The Landed Gentry of Ireland'' (1904) records the (circa early 19th century) marriage of Henry Grove Grady of Bellwood, county Tipperary and Mary Margaret Lidwill, only daughter and heiress of Thomas Lidwill of Clonmore, parish of Killavinoge, and his wife Elizabeth Julia O'Grady of Kilballyowen. Graffin was previously part of the Lidwill estate. ''The King's Inns Admission Papers'' record Thomas Grove Grady and Henry Grove Grady as son of Henry Grove Grady and Mary Lidwill.