- Sir John Nugent Humble was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Dungarvan and KIlgobnet, barony of Decies-without-Drum, county Waterford at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s he owned over 6000 acres in the county and 189 acres in county Tipperary. This branch of the Nugents were connected with the Barons Delvin through a marriage between that family and the Butlers of Cloncoskerane in the eighteenth century. The Irish Tourist Association survey asserts that the family were also descended from the Shanahans, the owners of the original castle at Cloncoskraine. Referring to the 1770s, Sadleir notes "Captain Charles Humble, who led the forlorn hope at the storming of Quebec" and was married to a Miss Shanahan.
In November 1860 lands devised on Sir John Nugent Humble in county Tipperary, formerly the estate of Thomas Fitzgerald, were sold in the Landed Estates Court to David Gaussen of Dubin and M.D.Hassard of Glenville, county Waterford, in trust for Michael Dobbyn. In April 1876, John Nugent Humble was one of the purchasers of property at Duckspool, barony of Decies-without-Drum, county Waterford, previously owned by George Fitzmaurice.