- The Merediths acquired Cloonamahon and associated lands in the 18th century when a Meredith married one of the daughters and heiresses of Thomas Rutledge who had purchased the Cloonamahon estate which had been confiscated from the O'Harts. Thomas Rutledge's only son had been killed in a fall from a horse and is buried in Collooney graveyard. In June 1854 Thomas J. Meredith offered for sale lands in the baronies of Tirerrill, Leyny and Carbury, county Sligo in the Encumbered Estates court. The sale notice includes a description of Coney Island, in Sligo Bay. The estate later passed into the possession of the Tweedy family. Dr. Henry Tweedy is recorded as the occupier of property at Cloonamahon, including a mansion house, in 1906. Meredith lands in the barony of Carbery were sold in the Landed Estates Court in January 1877. The Irish Times recorded the purchasers as William Phibbs, W.K. Barrett and Edward Walsh. The sum raised was over £7500.
- The estate at Cloonamahon passed into the hands of the Tweedy family thorough the marriage of Meredith to Henry Tweedy. In 1862, Mr. Tweedy is recorded as the purchaser, in the Landed Estates Court, of a plot of land owned by Loughlin Redican. In 1906 Dr. Henry Tweedy is recorded as the occupier of property at Cloonamahon including a mansion house. In 1911 an offer on over 400 acres of the estate was accepted from the Congested Districts Board.
- Thomas Rutledge purchased the Cloonamahon estate after it was confiscated from the O'Harts. It was later inherited by his three daughters, one of whom had married a Meredith and Cloonamahon remained in Meredith hands until the mid-nineteenth century. The property later passed to the Tweedy family.