Hall (Leitrim, Roscommon, Tipperary)
- Robert Hall, an Enniskillen merchant, purchased Merton Hall, county Tipperary, in 1828 and in 1841 was murdered in Uskane.The representatives of Robert Hall were lessors of townlands in the parish of Fenagh, barony of Leitrim and parish of Drumreilly, barony of Dromahaire, county Leitrim in 1856. In the 1870s Mrs. Hall of Merton Hall, Borrisokane, county Tipperary, owned 186 acres in Leitrim while the representatives of Robert Hall held 402 acres. Robert Hall is also recorded as the lessor of lands in the parish of Kilronan, barony of Boyle, county Roscommon at the time of Griffith's Valuation. At the same time Richard Hall was a lessor in the parish of Roscommon, barony of Ballintober South. Members of the Hall family with addresses in London owned almost 500 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s. The county Tipperary estate of the Halls was in the barony of Lower Ormond, mainly in the parish of Uskane but also in the parishes of Aglishcloghane, Kilbarron and Modreeny. The estate of Richard Hall, of Innismore Hall, county Fermanagh and Robert Hall, of Merton Hall, county Tipperary, including lands in counties Roscommon, Leitrim, Tipperary, Dublin and Fermanagh, in total 3,966 acres, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court in December 1858. Over 1300 acres of the Hall estate was offered for sale in the Landed Estates' Court in November 1877 and again in the Land Judges Court in 1878 and 1879. This sale included lands in the baronies of Dromahaire and Leitrim, county Leitrim. Hussey de Burgh records the representatives of Robert Hall as owners of 724 acres in county Louth, 369 acres in county Tipperary and 272 acres in county Wicklow. Ada Ireland (nee Hall), wife of De Courcy Plunkett Ireland, was one of the representatives of Robert Hall. In the 1880s Bateman records Richard Hall as the owner of some of this property, including 465 acres in county Roscommon, 369 acres in Tipperary and 588 acres in Leitrim.
- Members of the Short family held land from the Honourable O.F.G. Toler and others, mainly in the locality of Nenagh, including the parishes of Ballyclogh, Kilkeary and Templedowney, barony of Upper Ormond, county Tipperary in the mid 19th century. Jonathan Short held land in the parish of Loughkeen, barony of Lower Ormond. The Shortt property at Summerhill, 183 acres in the barony of Ikerrin, was held on a lease from Benjamin Frend to William Shortt dated 1736. This land was for sale in December 1863. Other property at Nenagh belonging to member of the Shortt family was for sale in December 1867. In September 1872 Thomas Henry Howard Shortt of the Bengal Civil Service, second son of William Shortt, MD, married Elise, second daughter of Robert Hall of Merton Hall, county Tipperary (''The Medical Times and Gazette'' 1872).