Greene (Old Abbey)
- The Greenes were settled at Old Abbey, county Limerick, from the early 17th century when they obtained a lease of the property from Sir Charles Coote. 'Burke's Irish Family Records' traces their descent from Captain Godfrey Greene, a '49 officer', who had 2 sons John of Old Abbey and Godfrey of Moorestown, county Tipperary. John Greene, grandson of John of Old Abbey, married Catherine Toler, sister of the 1st Earl of Norbury and they had an only daughter Letitia who in 1776 married Robert Dillon 1st Baron Clonbrock. The Clonbrock Papers show that John Greene also lived at Lettyville, county Tipperary. The Taylor and Skinner map indicates that Ballyrickard House may be the house known as Lettyville in the 18th century. The county Limerick estate of the Greenes was mainly located in the barony of Shanid. M. J. Dore writes that John Greene was succeeded at Old Abbey by his first cousin George Hodges of Shanagolden, county Limerick. The Clonbrock Papers in the National Library of Ireland contain 18th century records relating to the Old Abbey estate of the Greenes, including the will of John Greene of Old Abbey 1741.
- In the mid 19th century William Cooper Crawford, son of Cooper Crawford, held land in the parishes of Templetuohy, barony of Ikerrin and Kilruane, barony of Upper Ormond, county Tipperary. In October 1850 the demesne lands of Rapla and other lands were advertised for sale, the estate of William Cooper Crawford and his wife Sophia. Further lands at Rapla were advertised in November 1851. William Crawford of Fortfield, Templemore, owned 266 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s.