- The Lidwells were established in county Tipperary from the mid 18th century. In 1826 Frederick Lidwell married Christinia, daughter of William Hutchinson of Timoney, county Tipperary. The Lidwill estate was mainly in the parish of Killavinoge, barony of Ikerrin but they also had land in the parish of Holycross, barony of Eliogarty. This family were still resident at Dromard in the 1970s. A junior branch of the family held properties at Clonmore and Cormackstown, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary, following a marriage in 1736 between Thomas Lidwell and Jemima, daughter and heiress of Mark Cowley of Clonmore and Cormackstown. Cormackstown (609 acres) was advertised for sale in July 1852 and Dromard (641 acres) in February 1854. Dromard was held on a lease from George Mathew to Robert Lidwell dated 17 October 1709. Clonmore (1201 acres) was advertised for sale in May 1858. George Lidwell of Dromard owned 1,345 acres in county Tipperary and 267 acres in Queen's County (county Laois) in the 1870s.
- John Elliott Hyndman was a prominent member of the Masonic order in Dublin. He died in 1859 aged 63 and is buried in Mount Jerome cemetery, Dublin. Buried beside him are Mary Hyndman [his wife] and [his two daughters] Margaret Evory Hyndman and Matilda Hutchinson Hyndman. In May 1875 the estate of Margaret and Matilda Hyndman and others amounting to over 1,180 acres at Cormackstown and Ballyvoneen, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary, was advertised for sale. Over 1,000 acres at Cormackstown was held on a lease from Elizabeth Herring Cooper of Shrule Castle, Queen's County (Laois) to John Elliott Hyndman of Leeson Street, Dublin, dated 1852. Cormackstown was part of the Lidwill estate for sale in 1852. One lot was sold to Charles Uniacke Townsend in trust for the owners while the second lot was bought by Mr. Fitzgerald of Killenaule for over £1500. In the mid 1870s Mary E. Hyndman of Dublin owned 1,069 acres in county Tipperary.