- An estate of more than a 1000 acres in the parish of Meelick, barony of Gallen, county Mayo held in fee by the Bolingbroke family. Part of the estate was sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1851 and 1853. The Freeman's Journal reported on the sale in November 1851 at which the lands were purchased in trust for John Bolingbrooke, one of the owners. The trustee was William Graham. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the estate was in the possession of Frederick Willington, William Graham and Reverend Donnellan Bolingbroke Seymour. Two townlands remained in Bolingbroke possession. The remainder of the estate was acquired by the O'Rourke family who held it until the 1920s when it was divided amongst the tenants.
- The Willingtons were settled at Killoshehane, county Tipperary, by the mid 18th century. James Willington married Mary Carden and died in 1750. They had three sons, John of Killoskehane, James of Newhouse and Jonathan of Castlewillington. In 1815 John Willington of Killoskehane married Sarah, daughter of Christopher Ormsby, a member of the Ormsby family of Ballinamore, county Mayo. They had three sons who had all died unmarried by 1863. In the mid 19th century the estate was located in the parishes of Killoskehan, barony of Ikerrin and Ballymackey, Kilkeary and Latteragh, barony of Upper Ormond. The Willington estate at Killoskehane, amounting to 2,541 acres in the baronies of Ikerrin and Eliogarty, was advertised for sale in November 1853 and again in June 1854. Five lots were again advertised in March 1855. The mansion house, demesne and plantations (1,305 acres) at Killoskehane was advertised again in May 1864. Edward D. Martin held over 1,500 acres at Killoskehane in 1906.
- John Martin (1797-1876), a cotton mill owner, of Shrigley, Killeagh, county Down, owned 1,750 acres in county Tipperary, 2,436 acres in county Tyrone and 24 acres in county Down in the 1870s. He appears to have bought the Willington estate at Killoskehane in the mid 1850s. Edward Downes Martin was the occupier of Killoskehane Castle in 1906 and held over 1,600 acres of untenanted land in county Tipperary. His wife Nellie was the daughter of Thomas Staples Irwin of Drumglass, county Tyrone. She was buried in Kilfithmore, county Tipperary, cemetery in 1904. see http://members.iinet.net.au/~sgrieves/cemetries__ireland.htm
Willington (Castle Willington)
- Jonathan Willington, the third son of James and Mary Willington of Killoskehane Castle, county Tipperary, married Mary Drought. James Willington's estate was in the parishes of Ballymackey and Kilkeary, barony of Upper Ormond, in the mid 19th century. The estate of James Willington, including Castle Willlington, amounting to over 2,600 acres in the baronies of Upper and Lower Ormond was advertised for sale in November 1852. James Willington purchased some of the lots himself while others were sold to Messers. Langford, Scott and Wilson. In the 1870s Frederick Willington of New Grove, Rathcabbin and St Kierans and James W. Willington of Castle Willington, Ballymakey owned 1,098 and 1,358 acres respectively in county Tipperary.