- The O'Reilly family were established at Ballinlough Castle, Delvin, county Westmeath from the 17th century. James O'Reilly married Barbara daughter of Andrew Nugent of Desart, county Westmeath. Their son Hugh was created a baronet in 1795 and took the name Nugent on succeding to the estates of his uncle John Nugent of Tulloughan. Sir Hugh Nugent married Catharine Marianne only daughter and heir of Charles Mathew, an uncle of Francis Mathew 1st Earl of Llandaff of Thomastown Castle, county Tipperary. Their son Sir John 3rd Baronet was a Count of the Holy Roman Empire and married in 1842 Letitia daughter of Charles Whyte Roche of Ballygran, county Limerick. In 1837 Lewis writes that the village of Borrisoleigh was the property of Sir Hugh O'Reilly Nugent and his representatives held at least 3 townlands in the parish of Twomileborris at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s Lady Nugent of Ballinlough owned 4,692 acres in county Westmeath, 2,033 acres in county Tipperary and 283 acres in county Meath.