- Clifford Trotter acquired parts of the Quansbury and Bermingham estate by his marriage to Mary, daughter of William St Lawrence, 2nd Earl of Howth and his first wife Mary. The latter was a daughter of Thomas Bermingham, 1st Earl of Louth, and his wife Mary Daly of Quansbury. An estate of over 700 acres, owned by Clifford Trotter, known as Quansbury, in the barony of Longford, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in March 1851. Birmingham Demesne, barony of Dunmore, county Galway and lands in the barony of Garrycastle in King's County were also included in the sale. Birmingham Demesne was bought by John Irwin Dennis, who had been leasing it from Charles Trotter since 1838. Clifford Trotter is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilquain, barony of Longford, county Galway, at the time of Griffith's Valuation, 1856. In the 1870s William C. Bermingham Ruthven, grandson of Clifford Trotter, owned 939 acres in county Galway. He offered some of this property for sale in the Land Judges' Court in July 1889. However, the Irish Times reported in November 1890 that the sale was adjourned due to absence of bidding.
- By a patent dated 10 October 1685, John Otway was granted Castle Otway, county Tipperary. His descendant, Cooke Otway, married Elizabeth Waller in 1766 and they had seven sons. Henry succeeded his father, Robert, and was created a baronet in 1831. Reverend Samuel was the father of the Robert who eventually inherited Castle Otway. In 1790 Henry Otway married Sarah, daughter of Sir Thomas Cave, 5th Baronet. She became Baroness Braye in her own right and assumed the additional surname of Cave in 1818. Henry and Sarah had eight children, of whom only a daughter, Henrietta, had children. Henry Otway died in 1815 and was succeeded by his son Robert. Robert Otway Cave was Member of Parliament for county Tipperary 1832-1844. He is recorded in the Ordnance Survey Name Books as the proprietor of several townlands in the parishes of Kilmore and Templederry, barony of Upper Ormond. Robert Otway Cave died in 1844 and, following the death of his wife in 1849, Castle Otway became the property of his first cousin, Robert Jocelyn Otway. Vice Admiral Robert J. Otway died in 1884 leaving an only daughter, Frances Margaret, who married William Clifford Bermingham Ruthven, grandson of Clifford Trotter, in 1865. In the mid 19th century Captain Robert J. Otway owned an estate in the parish of Glenkeen, barony of Kilnamanagh Upper, Caesar Otway held land in the parish of Youghalarra, barony of Owney and Arra and Mrs Otway Cave owned an estate in the parishes of Aghnameadle, Kilmore, Kilnaneave, Latteragh and Templederry, amounting to at least 25 townlands in the barony of Upper Ormond. In December 1853 the Otway estates of Lissenhall and Castle Otway amounting to 8,373 acres in the baronies of Upper Ormond and Kilnemanagh were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court. Part of the estate including Lissenhall was bought by William Hutchinson Carroll (see http://www.igp-web.com/tipperary/estates/est_news.htm). Other purchasers were James Poe, Edward Reeves and Mr Dunkett in trust. By the mid 1870s Rear Admiral Robert Jocelyn Otway owned 4,362 acres in county Tipperary, while James L. Otway of 23 Pembroke Road, Dublin, owned over a thousand acres in county Tipperary. James L. Otway was descended from James Otway (died 1733), sixth son of John Otway and his wife, Phoebe Loftus. This branch of the Otway family lived at Rapla, Prior Park and Ballinwear.
- The Carrol family was settled at Tulla, county Tipperary, from the 17th century. William Parker Carrol was born there in 1776. In 1817 he married Emma Sophia Sherwell and they had two sons, William Hutchinson Carrol and Egerton Carrol. Willilam P. Carrol fought in many of the military campaigns against Napoleon and became a Major General. In the mid 19th century Captain W. H. Carrol owned an estate in the parish of Kilmore, Upper Ormond, county Tipperary. He bought part of the Lissenhall estate of the Otway family which was for sale in 1853 (http://www.igp-web.com/tipperary/estates/est_news.htm). In the 1870s William Hutchinson Carroll of Tulla House, Nenagh, owned 1,856 acres in county Tipperary. Memorabilia, photographs and other items form part of the Carrol exhibition at the Georgian House, 2 Pery Square, Limerick http://www.georgianhouseandgarden.ie/carrolcollection/index.html
- Daniel Grace writes that the Woodward family lived at Cloghprior from the 1660s. Cloghprior House was bulit by William Woodward in the mid 18th century. However by the mid 1770s the Woodwards were in financial difficulties and land was sold to James Otway who built Prior Park on it. In 1844 Cloghprior was sold to Edwin Cuthbert. In the late 1850s Frank Woodward leased Prospect House from Maurice Studdert of Lodge and his daughters continued to live there until the 1940s.