- John O'Keeffe of Ballylemon, Dungarvan and Mountain Castle, Cappoquin, served as MP for Dungarvan in the 1870s when he owned over 4800 acres in county Waterford.He was among the principal lessors in the parish of Lickoran, barony of Decies-without-Drum at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Lands, the property of John O'Keeffe, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in June 1868. They were sold to James O'Brien for over £1700. Denis O'Keeffe held townlands in the parish of Modelligo in the same barony. In 1871, houses and premises in Dungarvan town, the property of William O'Keeffe, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. In May 1876 John O'Keeffe's estate, amounting to over 7700 acres, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The Irish Times reported that portions of the lands were bought by John Walsh and Messers. Quinn and Ridge raising over £18,000. The history of Mountain Castle house, though, indicates it remained the property of the O'Keeffe family until the 1930s.