- In 1836 Lady Emily Georgina Arabella Butler, sister of the Earl of Glengall, married Richard Pennefather of Knockeevan or Darling Hill, county Tipperary. Richard died in 1849 and in 1852 she married Colonel (later General) Henry A. Hankey. The only son of Lady Emily, Richard Pennefather, died in 1863. In 1869 Richard's only sister Evelyn Henrietta Pennefather married Arthur Philip Stanhope, 6th Earl Stanhope and records relating to the Pennefather/Hankey/Stanhope estate in county Tipperary are preserved in the Stanhope of Chevening collection. In May 1872 the estate of Lady Hankey at Garranmore, (367 acres) in the barony of Middlethird, was advertised for sale. This land was held by indenture dated 20 Dec 1871 from the Bishop of Cashel and the Commissioners of Church Temporalities to John Alexander Hankey and Beaumont Hankey, trustees for the owner. In the mid 1870s Lady Hankey of Knockeevan, Clonmel and London, owned 3,899 acres in county Tipperary.