- Peter Niddrie, MD, rented the house at Carrowmacrory from Mrs. Esther Hillas in 1857. Grace [Nedden] Niddrie is recorded as the owner of over 2000 acres in county Sligo in 1876. In 1906 the representatives of Grace Niddrie were still listed as occupiers of property at Comcuill townland, including a mansion house. Over 1600 acres of the estate had been offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in May 1874. Over 1500 acres at Rathgoonane were sold to Mr. Cosgrave in trust for Colonel Cooper. Sale of the remaining lot was adjourned. The Irish Times reported in June 1875 that a further sale had taken place out of court. In 1878 Peter Niddrie's daugher and heiress, Elizabeth, married James Caulfield Beamish, son of Robert Delacour Beamish, of Ditchley, county Cork and their son William afterwards inherited Camcuill.
- Burke's Irish Family Records indicates that lands granted to members of the Beamish family were confirmed under the Acts of Settlement (1688). Robert D. Beamish was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Caheragh, Creagh and Durrus, barony of West Carbery, and Ballydeloughy, barony of Fermoy, at the time of Griffith's Valuation while John Beamish held townlands in the parishes of Ballymoney and Desertserges , barony of East Carbery, at the same time. Henry, Thomas, Francis and Sampson Beamish was among the principal lessors in Desertserges parish. Richard Beamish was a lessor of several townlands in the parishes of Castleventry, barony of Ibane & Barryroe and Ross, barony of East Carbery, while William Beamish held townlands in the parish of Kilgarriff, barony of East Carbery and in Aghera, barony of Kinnatalloon. Other Beamish family members held lands in the baronies of West and East Muskerry, Barrymore, Fermoy, Kinnatalloon and Cork. North L. Beamish held an estate of eight townlands in the parish of Glenkeen, barony of Kilnamanagh Upper, county Tipperary at the same time. Earlier, in 1840, the Ordnance Survey Name Books record Beamish Esq as the owner of townlands in the parishes of Ardfinnan and Rochestown, county Tipperary. Over 180 acres of John S. Beamish's estate at Knockane, barony of East Carbery, was offered for sale in the Encumbered estates Court in 1853.
In the 1870s the Beamish estates in county Cork amounted to over 12,000 acres. Beamish property in Cork city and lands in the barony of West Muskerry were offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court in July 1890. Some lots in this sale were bought in trust for the tenants while the sale of others was adjourned.