- The will of Jane Roe of Dublin, widow of Doctor William Roe, dated 6 February 1744, refers to her son, Andrew Roe, and to lands at Graystown and Burnchurch, county Tipperary and also to her daughter, Mary Walsh. In June 1856 the estate of Andrew Roe Walsh [237 acres] at Tullamain was advertised for sale. At the beginning of the 19th century John Roe was living at Rockwell, county Tipperary. John Roe married Eliza Sankey and their eldest son William [born in 1810] became a barrister. In 1835 he married Elizabeth Hickman Clarke. William Roe was shot dead in 1847. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the representatives of William Roe held land in the parishes of Boytonrath and Knockgraffon, barony of Middlethird. In May 1856 the estate (1,760 acres) of Richard John Roe and of John Richard Roe a minor was advertised for sale. The Rockwell school's history states that the property "passed into the possession of Monsieur Charles Thiebault, a wealthy French Catholic with business in Dundee, Scotland". ''The Annual Register of World Events" records that his brother, Monsieur Gustave Thiebault, also bought a property nearby at Boytonrath and was murdered near the gates of Rockwell, where he lived, in 1862. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor writes that to expiate this crime Charles Thiebault established an institution to inspire future generations and so the Order or Society of Mary or Marist Fathers was established at Rockwell, to be replaced in 1864 by the Holy Ghost Fathers. The school history states that it was donated to "the Scottish Bishops", from whom it was purchased in 1877 by the Holy Ghost Fathers, who had been resident at Rockwell from 1864. Elizabeth Hickman Roe retired to Leamington in Warwickshire where she lived with her daughters until her death in the 1890s. Over 150 acres belonging to her at Curraghscarteen, barony of Middlethird were advertised for sale in 1879. In December 1875 the Irish Times reported that lands at Boytonrath, in the barony of Middlethird, the property of Jules Lobez and others, were sold by private contract to James Myers for over £11,000.
- Andrew Roe settled in county Tipperary in the early 18th century and purchased Roesborough from the Duke of Ormond. He had three sons who founded the Roe families of Roesborough, Grantstown and Rockwell. James Roe was the progenitor of the Roesborough branch and his descendant also named James married in the early 19th century Catherine daughter of Richard Chadwick of Perryville, county Tipperary. James was Member of Parliament for Cashel 1833-1834. Their son George Charles Lionel Roe held an estate in the parish of Tipperary in the mid 19th century. Part of the Roesborough estate was advertised for sale in May 1872 and George Charles Lionel Roe's life estate in the lands of Baronstown, Ballinvee and part of Roesborough, 609 acres in the barony of Clanwilliam, was also offered for sale in April 1873. In the 1870s George Roe of Heidelberg, Baden, owned 630 acres in county Tipperary. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~roehickey/roe.htm