- The Orme family owned extensive property in county Mayo and also around the village of Enniscrone in the parish of Kilglass, county Sligo. Of Staffordshire extract they settled in county Mayo at the end of the 17th century and built up an estate centred in the parish of Moygawnagh, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, some of which was held from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. By the time of Griffith's Valuation they also held a large estate in the parish of Killasser, barony of Gallen, county Mayo. In 1876 three members of the family held over 16,000 acres in county Mayo and almost 2,000 in county Sligo. C. Guy Orme sold 3,100 acres to the Congested Districts' Board on 22 Feb 1912.
- A county Westmeath family, prominent Methodists, who owned land in the Killala area from at least the late 18th century. They made a large claim for damages after the 1798 rebellion. In 1859 Samuel Handy advertised for sale in the Landed Estates' Court, his house, demesne and mill at Ballintober, at one time part of the Orme estate. Other Handy property in the parish of Kilfian was subsequently sold.
The property at Carrowmore, barony of Kilconnell, county Galway, which had been in the Handy family since the early 1700s, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in November and December 1858. An earlier sale, in June 1857, had included lands at Kilconnell, county Galway and the baronies of Tirawley, county Mayo and Corran, county Sligo. Lands in the parish of Aughrim are recorded as the propery of P. Handy at the time of the 1st Ordnance Survey. The Irish Times reported on a sale of Bennett and Handy property in the Landed Estates Court in July 1867. These lots were purchased by Mr. Findlater.
In 1876 Samuel Handy of King's Co (county Offaly) held 2030 acres and a Samuel Handy of county Roscommon held 553 acres in county Mayo. At the same time Alexander K. Handy held over 350 acres in county Galway.
- The Collum estate was centred on Belleview, near Enniskillen. However, John Collum, as representative of the late Archibold, of Enniskillen is recorded as owning 283 acres in Leitrim in the 1870s. In addition he is recorded as owning, with others, over 1600 acres in county Sligo. He also owned land in Cavan and Donegal as well as Fermanagh. Elizabeth Collum, together with Robert Orme, was a principal lessor in some parishes in Tireragh at the time of Griffith's Valuation, notably Skreen. Mrs. Elizabeth Collum, wife of John Collum, and Robert Orme, offered for sale property in Athlone and Westmeath, in the Encumbered Estates Court in February 1857. This had formerly been part of the estate of Ffolliott Thornton Mostyn and of Bernard Kelly.