- The Collis estate was in the parishes of Clondulane and Leitrim, barony of Condons and Clangibbon, county Cork. The Reverend G. Atkins Collis also held land in the parish of Ballyhooly, barony of Fermoy. In the 1870s the Reverend Dr Maurice Atkin Cooke Collis of Queenstown owned 5,177 acres in county Cork and 664 acres in county Tipperary. Reports of the sale of the estate of John Butler in the barony of Upper Ormond, county Tipperary, in April 1866 indicate that the purchaser was Robert G. Collis. Edward S. Collis owned 671 acres in county Cork.
Cooke (Kiltinan Castle)
- The Cookes of Kiltinan Castle, Fethard, county Tipperary were descended from Edward Cooke, younger brother of Thomas Cooke who founded the Castle Cooke family. In 1677 Edward Cooke was granted 926 acres in the barony of Iffa and Offa, county Tipperary and 359 acres in the barony of Connelloe, county Limerick. In 1703 John Cooke of Kiltinane purchased over a hundred acres of the estate of James II in the Clonmel area for £797 and land in the barony of Clanwilliam for £1,130. By the early 18th century the Cookes were established at Kiltinane Castle. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor records the purchase of Kiltinane by Peter Cooke from the Cromwellian, Richard Staper. Richard Staper had been granted 948 acres at Kiltinane in 1667.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation Robert Cooke held land in the parish of Kiltinan, barony of Middlethird, Edward Cooke held land in the parishes of Ballingarry and Buolick and Fennell (Phanuel) Cooke held land in the parishes of Buolick and Fennor, barony of Slievardagh, county Tipperary. At the same time both Joseph and the Reverend John Cooke both held some land in the parish of Knockgraffon, barony of Middlethird. A portion of Robert Cooke's estate in the barony of Upperthird, county Waterford as well as property in Fethard, Carrick-on-Suir and Clonmel were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in October 1854. The estate of Mathew Cooke, 706 acres at Clonora, barony of Slievardagh, was advertised for sale in April 1866. It was purchased in trust by Mr. Foley for £3000. In the 1870s Robert Cooke of Kiltinan owned 1,852 acres in county Tipperary.
- This branch of the Cooke family were descended from Peter Cooke, a younger brother of Thomas and Edward Cooke, who founded the Castle Cooke and Kiltinane families. Burke (1886) records that Peter purchased the castle and lands of Knockgraffon, county Tipperary from Sir Fenton Aylmer in 1687 [Thomas Lalor Cooke writes that he purchased them from Sir William Fenton, see Ms 25,297 p. 52]. His son, Joseph, married twice and had sons named John, William, Joseph, Phanuel and Peter. The eldest son, John Cooke of Cordangan, succeeded his father. Another son, Joseph of Gurranegreny, was the grandfather of Richard Cooke of Borrisoleigh, father of Thomas Lalor Cooke, family historian and Crown Solicitor of county Leix in the 1840s. Richard's wife Mary was a first cousin of Thomas Lalor of Cregg. The papers of Thomas Lalor Cooke give detailed accounts of the Lalors and Cookes and associated families. By the mid 19th century Joseph and the Reverend John Cooke both held some land in the parish of Knockgraffon, barony of Middlethird, Thomas Cooke held part of Cordangan, barony of Clanwilliam from the Smith Barrys, while Fennell (Phanuel) Cooke held land in the parishes of Buolick and Fennor, barony of Slievardagh, county Tipperary. In January 1855 the estate of Thomas Lalor Cooke assignee of George Clarke at Denninboy, King's County (county Offaly) and at Ballycahill and Kilcleary in the barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary, was advertised for sale. In the 1870s the representatives of the Reverend John Cooke, Weston-super-Mare owned 611 acres in county Tipperary. John W. Cooke of Fortwilliam, Borrisoleigh, owned 482 acres at the same time.