- A Quaker family located in the Caher area of south county Tipperary from the mid 17th century. They were prosperous farmers and millers. Family members held land in the parishes of Caher, Tubbrid and Whitechurch, barony of Iffa and Offa West and in the parishes of Rathcool and Mora, barony of Middlethird, in the mid 19th century. In the 1870s Joshua R. Fennell of Garryroan owned 527 acres and the representatives of William Fennell, Newry, owned 931 acres in county Tipperary. Shares held by the trustees for sale under the will of George Fennell (23 Jan 1835) in the lands of Crohane Lower, barony of Slievardagh, held under a fee farm grant of 1852 were advertised for sale in July 1885.
- In his will dated 20 February 1800 Joseph Jackson of Tincurry, county Tipperary, refers to his lands at Tincurry, Scartagh, Whitechurch, Poulekillane, Coolmoyne and Ballyvaden, county Tipperary. The latter two townlands were demised to his wife by his brother-in-law, John Fennell. He mentions his father, James Jackson, his sons Thomas, Abraham and Joseph and his daughters Elizabeth, Mary and Hannah. Mary, only daughter of Joseph Jackson of Brookfield, Tincurry, married William Pigott of Dellbrook, county Dublin in 1841. Their son was William Jackson Pigott of Tincurry, county Tipperary and of Manor House, Dundrum, county Down. The Jackson family were Quakers.