- The Reverend Thomas Ryder, rector of Kilfinan and Darragh, county Limerick, married Martha Badham of Rockfield, county Cork and one of their grandsons John Ryder married Margaret daughter of the Reverend Joshua Browne of Castlelyons House. John died in 1820. His eldest son was the Reverend Joshua Ryder of Castlelyons House who married Lucinda daughter of Michael Wood of Cork. His youngest son the Reverend William married the daughter of the Reverend William Ross of Ballinterry Glebe. The Reverend William Ryder held a townland in the parish of Castlelyons, barony of Barrymore, county Cork, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s Miss Isabella D. Ryder of Ballinterry owned 599 acres in county Cork. This property passed to the Wood family. In 1906 the representatives of Andrew Wood Ryder occupied a mansion house valued at £30 in the townland of Kill St Anne South in the electoral division of Castlelyons.
- Andrew Jordaine Wood of 10 Sydney Place, Cork, is recorded by Hussey de Burgh as owning over 6,000 acres in county Cork in the 1870s while the Return of Landowners dated 1876 records his ownership as 3,395 acres. Colonel Andrew J. Wood was a military man who had served as High Sheriff of Cork. His son Andrew assumed the name of Ryder in 1875 and his representatives were living at Castlelyons in 1906. George A. Wood of Lota House was also a member of this family. In August 1851 the Freeman's Journal reported that Captain Andrew Wood was the purchaser of over 3000 acres in the parish of Dunbulloge, barony of Barrymore, in the Encumbered Estates Court.
Another family member may have been Benjamin Shaw Wood who held land in the parishes of Clonfert, barony of Duhallow and Castlelyons, barony of Barrymore, county Cork in the mid 19th century. The representatives of Shaw Benjamin Wood of Cork owned 2,435 acres in the county in the 1870s.