Parker (Green Park)
- In 1779 John Robert Parker of Green Park, Youghal, county Cork married Catherine Uniacke of Kermincham Hall, Chester, and had 11 children. Catherine was the eldest daughter of John Uniacke of Cottage, county Cork and his wife Frances Mainwaring of Kermincham. Their third son Roger Mainwaring Parker assumed the name Mainwaring following the death of his great uncle John Mainwaring. Henry Parker, second son of John Robert and Catherine was a captain in the Royal Navy and married Lady Frances Theophila Anne daughter of the 11th Earl of Huntington. Their eldest son John Robert Theophilus Hastings Parker married Elizabeth Randall of Swannington Hall, Norwich. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Captain Henry Parker held land in the parish of Knockmourne, barony of Kinnatalloon, county Cork. In July 1851 the fee simple estate of Henry Parker, John R.T.H. Parker, Henry Francis Hastings Parker and others in the counties of Cork and Waterford was advertised for sale. It amounted to 22 lots and contained approximately 12,000 acres in the two counties. Further lands in counties Waterford and Cork belonging to Henry Parker were offered for sale in July 1852 including Cherrymount, county Waterford [possibly bought by the Thackwells].
http://www.thornber.net/cheshire/htmlfiles/peover.html James Parker was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilwatermoy, barony of Coshmore & Coshbride, county Waterford, in 1851. Captain Henry Parker held townlands in the parishes of Tallow and Templemichael at the same time. Rev. John Frederick Parker was the owner of over 1200 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s. The Irish Times reported that he had purchased an estate formerly owned by William Jubb in the barony of Decies-without-Drum in 1871.
- The estate of James Joseph Roche at Aghada, barony of Barrymore, county Cork, came into the possession of John Roche, who left it to his nephew William Roche. Part of the lands of Aghada were advertised for sale in July 1853, the estate of James and William Roche, continued in the names of Mary and Eleanor Roche. This estate later came into the possession of the Thackwell family who were related to the Roche family of Trabolgan. In the 1870s Major Joseph Edward Lucas Thackwell of Aghada House, Whitegate, owned 873 acres in county Cork and 280 acres in county Waterford. See also "The Irish Jurist", Vol I Miscellaneous (1849), page 157, re the will of John Roche.
- The former Roche estate at Aghada came into the possession of the Thackwell family in the second half of the 19th century. The Thackwells were related to the Roche family of Trabolgan. In the 1870s Major Joseph Edward Lucas Thackwell of Aghada House, Whitegate, owned 873 acres in county Cork and 280 acres in county Waterford. Lady Thackwell is recorded as the owner of over 450 acres in Waterford at the same time.