Holmes (East Carbery)
- Benjamin H. Holmes was among the principal lessors in the parish of Fanlobbus, barony of East Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s the representatives of Jane Holmes of Carrigmore owned over 300 acres while Sarah Holmes was the owner of almost 400 acres in county Cork. In April 1876, the executors of James Low Holmes offered over 300 acres for sale in the Landed Estates Court. He had purchased this property in the Court in 1860 for over £9000. The sale included Carrigmore House which the notice indicates had "been fitted up at considerable expense". The Irish Times reported that the sale on that occasion was adjourned.