- There appear to be two branches of this family. One branch settled at Mellefontstown, county Cork in the 17th century and the other inherited through marriage the Newtown estate, Rathcormack, county Cork. At the end of the 18th century Richard Nason of the Mellefontstown family was living at Bettyville. In 1787 he married Catherine Sherlock and had seven daughters, who married members of the Nason, Gaggin, Crofts, Sherlock and Cotter families. The other branch of the Nason family was located at Kilavullen and Newtown. In 1779 John Nason of Newtown married Catherine Bruce and they had three sons John, William and the Reverend George who was resident in the rectory at Aghern in the mid 19th century. In 1808, John married Elizabeth Nason of Bettyville. Their eldest son, the Reverend William Henry Nason, was rector of Rathcormack. Henry T.K. Nason, John Nason and the representatives of Richard Nason held land in the parishes of Glanworth, Mallow and Clondulane, barony of Fermoy and Castlelyons, Gortroe and Templenacarriga, barony of Barrymore, county Cork in the mid 19th century. The 1,314 acre estate of Henry Thomas King Nason in the barony of West Carbery (East), Fermoy and Barrymore, held under fee farm grant from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners was advertised for sale. In November 1884 an estate of over 800 acres at Caherdesert and Caherduggan East, barony of Barrymore, Waterdyke, barony of Fermoy, county Cork and Drumbane, barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary, belonging to Arthur Nason was advertised for sale. Some of these lands were held on leases to Henry Thomas King Nason. In the 1870s a number of Nason family members held estates of 500+ acres. The head of the Newtown family the Reverend William Henry Nason owned 2,679 acres in county Cork.
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation members of the Sherlock family owned land in the parishes of Ballintemple and Dangandonovan, barony of Imokilly, Dunmahon, barony of Fermoy and Kilquane, barony of Barrymore, county Cork. In February 1863 the estate of Thomas Sherlock and his wife Elizabeth Anne at Ballinvoskig, barony of Cork, was advertised for sale. In November 1864 the trustees of the will of Wright Sherlock, deceased, advertised for sale moieties of the lands of Coolqurisk, barony of Barrymore and lands in the barony of Decies within Drum, county Waterford. In the 1870s George K. Sherlock of Bandon owned 769 acres in county Cork, while William R. Sherlock and Wright Sherlock, both of Blackrock, Cork owned 300 and 284 acres respectively. Lands in the barony of Imokilly leased by Wright Sherlock to Thomas Gaggin in 1840 and to Thomas Anthony in 1857 were advertised for sale in June 1876.
- Paul Sherlock was granted large estates in the baronies of Middlethird and Gaultiere, county Waterford in 1679. Referring to a century later, in 1775, Sadleir also notes a Paul Sherlock resident at Butlerstown. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Alexander Sherlock was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Kilburne and Kilmeadan, barony of Middlethird, county Waterford. The representatives of John Sherlock also held townlands in Kilmeadan parish. Alexander offered lands at Butlerstown, barony of Middlethird, for sale in the Landed Estates Court in July 1861. In November 1864, 300 acres in the barony of Decies-within-Drum, together with property in county Cork, owned by George Sherlock and others, was advertised for sale in the Landed Estates Court. In the 1870s, Thomas P. Sherlock of Carrigmoorna in the parish of Kilrossanty was the owner of almost 2000 acres in the county.