- The Morgell family descend from Thomas Morgell who married Melian O'Callaghan in 1733. They had at least two daughters who married into the Blennerhassett and Sullivan families and a son Crosbie Morgell who married Mary Hickson in 1775. Crosbie Morgell was Member of Parliament for Tralee, county Kerry. His daughter Anne married Sir Barry Denny in 1794. Anne's second husband was General Sir John Floyd by whom she had 3 daughters one of whom married Robert Peel. The Reverend Crosbie Morgell was a clergyman in England in the first half of the 19th century. The representatives of Crosbie Morgell owned 6 townlands in the parish of Tullylease, barony of Duhallow, county Cork, in the early 1850s. The representatives of the Reverend Crosbie Morgell owned 449 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. The Sullivans held Tullylease House from the Morgells to whom they were related.
Mrs Anne Morgill with an address "on Continent" owned 656 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. Major Morgill held land in the parish of Holycross, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary at the time of Griffith's Valuation.
- This family was established at Dromskehy, parish of Drumtarriff, barony of Duhallow, county Cork in the 18th century but by the beginning of the 19th century was settled at Caherduggan, barony of Barrymore. In 1781 Cornelius O'Callaghan married Mary Davies and they had nine children. Two of their sons married daughters of Arthur Pyne of Ballyvolane. Another son was the Reverend Robert O'Callaghan. "The Landed Gentry of Great Britain and Ireland" 1863 and "The Landed Gentry of Ireland" 1958 differ slightly with regard to the descendants of this couple. At the time of Griffith's Valuation members of this family held land in the parishes of Drumtarriff and Kilmeen, barony of Duhallow, Kilnaglory, barony of East Muskerry, Templebodan, barony of Barrymore and Templeroan, barony of Fermoy. In the 1870s Cornelius O'Callaghan of Caherduggan owned 253 acres, Cornelius O'Callaghan of Brookville owned 117 acres, Denis O'Callaghan of Queenstown owned 984 acres and O'Callaghan family members in the Kanturk locality owned over a thousand acres in county Cork. The estate of Leslie Craggs O'Callaghan in the county and city of Cork was advertised for sale in June 1858. In May 1868 an estate of over 1,600 acres in the baronies of Duhallow, East Muskerry and West Muskerry, belonging to Denis O'Callaghan, deceased and continued in the name of his eldest son and executor, Cornelius O'Callaghan, was advertised for sale. The purchasers included Mrs. Lunham and Mr. F. Wyse. Dromahoe and Dromskehy, barony of Duhallow, were advertised for sale in February 1877 and were part of the marriage settlement of Denis O'Callaghan and Sarah Pyne in 1831. In July 1882 the lands of Clonbannin, 105 acres in the barony of Duhallow, the estate of Denis O'Callaghan, were advertised for sale.
- An estate inherited by the Grehan family of Dublin in the early 19th century. Stephen Grehan (1776-1871) was one of the main beneficiaries of the will of his uncle [by marriage], John Roche of Dublin. In 1809 Stephen Grehan married Margaret Ryan of Inch, county Tipperary. The Grehans were involved in banking. By the time of Griffith's Valuation Stephen's son George held at least eight townlands in the parish of Clonmeen, barony of Duhallow, county Cork and another son, Peter, held lands in the parishes Ballycahill, Moyaliff, Templebeg and Upperchurch, barony of Kilnamanagh Upper, county Tipperary. Peter's surname is spelt Graham not Grehan in Griffith's Valuation for county Tipperary. Over 1,000 acres at Coolroemore was bought in 1857. The Grehans acquired further lands in the barony of East Carbery and in county Tipperary. By the 1870s George Grehan owned an estate of over 7,000 acres in county Cork and his brother, Peter Grehan of 19 Rutland Square, Dublin, owned 1,875 acres in county Tipperary. John Therry was agent to this estate in the late 19th century. A large collection of estate and family papers documenting the Grehans and their property is located in the Boole Library, University College, Cork. The Grehans sold Clonmeen in 1975. Lands leased by George Gre[n]an to Mary Fitzgerald in 1856 were advertised for sale in October 1883, the estate of John Fitzgerald.
- The O'Callaghans of Clonmeen Castle and later of Clonmeen Lodge, barony of Duhallow, county Cork, were established in the Banteer locality until the death of Robert O'Callaghan in 1778. They appear to have held their land from Viscount Lismore. Robert O'Callaghan's sister Melian had married Thomas Morgell in the early 1730s and documents referring to both the O'Callaghan and Morgell families are to be found in the Grehan collection, Boole Library, University College Cork. In 1748 a daughter of Robert O'Callaghan of Clonmeen married Denis O'Callaghan of Glynn.