- The representatives of Maskelyne Alcock were among the principal lessors in Kilbrogan parish, barony of Kinalmeaky, in 1851. At the same time William M. Alcock held several townlands in the parish of Drinagh, barony of East Carbery. Almost 300 acres of the latter's estate was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in June 1855. In January 1851, the estate of Roughgrove, leased by Bejamin Hosford from the Alcock family, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. This property had devolved on the Alcocks by inheritence from the Maskelyne family. In the 1870s, Mason J. Alcock, of Ballymena, county Antrim, owned over 200 acres in county Cork.